If you are looking for a family holiday and would like to stay in a typical French farmhouse with all the modern comforts, this is the place to come and enjoy it.
This delightful French farmhouse has been beautifully renovated into a quality home. The owners have taken great care to conserve its charm and ambiance while tastefully creating all new modern (amenities) bath/shower rooms.
The home is situated between the market town of Montaigu de Quercy and the small medieval village of Tournon d’Agenais. Explore Montaigu’s weekly market on Saturday mornings or visit the wonderful leisure lake with canoe’s, water slides and a fishing area. Drive up to the top of Tournon to admire its amazing views and have a refreshment in the café.
The deceptively large home has 6 good sized bedrooms, 5 of which have an en-suite shower/bathrooms. With double living areas and two kitchens spread over two levels even small groups or up to 12 people will be very comfortable.
The home is accessed through a small country lane, passing the owners property into a private driveway with plenty of parking space.
Like many of the old Quercy Farmhouses the accommodation is on different levels. The main entrance leads up a large traditional stone stair case revealing a spacious loggia where you can enjoy your morning coffee/breakfast while looking out over the countryside through the large opening. This amazing architectural feature gives access to a country style kitchen which is well equipped with a Induction hob, electric oven, dishwasher, microwave and a larder fridge. There is large wooden dining table and a wood burner.
The sitting room has comfortable sofas and a wood burner. There is satellite (UK Freesat) televisionand a DVD.
Two of the six bedrooms are on this level and all the bedrooms have been given local town names:
- Bedroom “Montaigu” –has a super king size bed which (can be spilt to 2 single beds) , a French wardrobe and ensuite shower room, with Italian (walk in) shower, basin & WC.
- Bedroom “Tournon” – has a king size bed and an ensuite bathroom, with bath and shower attachment, basin and WC.
- On the top level is Bedroom “Penne” has a king size bed and a separate powder room with basin and WC.
On the ground level are three more bedrooms:
- Bedroom “Beauville” – has 2 twin beds or a a super king size bed and en-suite shower room, with shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom “Lauzerte” – has a super king size bed (can be spilt to 2 singles). A door leading out the east side lawn. There is an en suite wet room, with a magnificent oval shaped bath, basin and WC.
- Bedroom “Roquecor” has a double bed with adjoining shower room. The shower room has a shower, basin and WC.
There is another large sitting room (cinema room) with comfortable sofas and doors which open out to the front terrace. Next to this is another large summer kitchen/breakfast room, which is well equipped with large American fridge/freezer, electric cooker , dishwasher and washing machine. The breakfast area has a wood burner, table and bench.
Linen is included but please bring your swimming pool towels.
Wi-Fi is available all over the house but neither Kingfisher or the owner are liable for any loss or interruption We regret that pets cannot be accommodated.
The Farmhouse is set in pretty large grounds, shrub areas, fruit trees, a natural tree lined walk way and a large field for playing games. Near to the front of the house is a lovely 11m x 5 m (salt water) swimming pool with an open-ended pool house offering a covered terrace with BBQ, fridge and large table, prefect for eating outdoors by the pool side. The pool house has a wet room with shower and WC.
- Equipment: 2 kitchens, 2 cookers, 2 x dishwashers, 2 x fridges, (1 with freezer), washing machine, UK (Freesat) TV and Wi-Fi.
- Outside: Garden furniture, sunbeds, outside kitchen area with large BBQ
- Sporting equipment: Heated swimming pool of 11m x 5m. Badmington, Boules and football area.
- Security Deposit of £600.00 – Linen is included .
|Peak||29 June to 30 August|
|High||1 to 28 June|
31 August to 6 September
|Mid||4 May to 31 May|
7 September to 18 October
|Low||All other dates excluding Christmas/New Year|
|Christmas/New Year||By negotiation|